Nasi Lemak is one of the popular dish in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. There are many varieties of nasi lemak, from those packed in banana leaves to those in high end restaurants. So, is it easy to cook nasi lemak. It is easy if you know the know how:)
|Nasi lemak dishes, pic complimentary from Vanaja|
|sambal ikan bilis with onions, pic compliments fm Fida|
|Nasi lemak sambal, pics compliments fm Mei Yoke; recipe and advice from Zuriati.|
The Aromatic Rice
Ingredients for Nasi Lemak
- One coconut, to be grinded and use juice extract for cooking the rice
- 2 pandan leave for flavour
- 2 slices of ginger
- salt to taste
- One coconut grinded so that you can extract the juice for cooking your rice. One coconut is for about 2-21/2 cups of rice.
- How to cook the aromatic rice for nasi lemak. It is simple, like how you usually cook your rice, replace the rice with coconut juice and add a pinch of salt or to taste. To add pandan leave tied onto a knot to be placed into pot for added fragrant.
- Separate a small cup of the coconut juice, and pour it onto the rice just when it is about to be cooked. Stir well.
Ingredients for Sambal for Nasi Lemak
- 8-10 pcs of dried chilli and 2-3 red chilli
- One big onion
- 2 pieces of garlic
- 1 inch of prawn paste belacan
- 1/2 cup of tumerind or asam jawa juice
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Sliced onion (one onion)
- 2 Hard boiled eggs - peeled shell and cut into half
- Peeled prawn or anchorvies with salted fried peanuts
- Heat up 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- Pour the blended chilli paste onto it
- Let it simmer, then add tamarind juice
- Add sugar and salt
- Cook till sambal thickens
- Add in slices of onion, peeled prawn or anchorvies
|sambal nasi lemak|
Cook with lots of love. Recipe and advised from Zuriati.
Serve nasi lemak rice with sambal and cut eggs.
Cut cucumber into small slices and serve with rice.