Assam Pedas Ikan is a spicy and tasty Malay dish. It is spicy and sour fish curry.
The recipe is whipped out by a dear friend, Zuriati, who loves to cook for her family. One of her essential ingredients that she always suggest for all chef to put into every dish, is to sprinkle lots of love into each dish to make the dish deliciously lovely.
Other than love, here are the side ingredients you need to prepare this spicy dish. They are:
|ikan assam pedas|
- 2- 3 pieces of fish
- 10-20 chilly and dried chilly blended
- 2 pcs of big onions and 2 pcs of garlic
- 1 inch of kunyit (tumeric)
- 2 strands of lemon grass
- 1 bowl of tamarind juice
- 1 bunga kantan
- 3 pcs of laksa leaves (coriander)
- 5pcs of ladies fingers
- Heat up 2 tablespoon of oil
- Pour in the blended chilly and onions and lemon grass
- Let it simmer, then put in the tamarind juice
- Put salt and one tablespoon of sugar
- When it is boiling, pour in your fish, bunga kantan and daun kesom
- When fish is cooked, reduce the heat.
- Put in the ladies fingers
- Continue cooking with small fire for another 10 minutes.
- Ready to be served with rice.